The State of Maryland has many helpful resources available to use in response to the Zika virus and its health effects. The programs and resources included below are offered to Maryland residents, including clinicians, by the Maryland Department of Health and other state-based organizations. If these resources do not address your needs or you require additional information, please contact the Maryland Department of Health at 877-463-3464.
Maryland Department of Health Resources
- Zika Virus
- Division of Community Support Services
- Newborn Screening
- Newborn Metabolic Screening
- Newborn Early Hearing and Detection Intervention Program
- Birth Defects Reporting and Information System
- Children’s Medical Services Program
- Maryland Children’s Health Program (MCHP)
Early Intervention Services
Check your local health department’s website for information on early intervention services that may be available.
Care Coordination Programs
- Maryland Local Health Departments-Administrative Care Coordinators Units Contact Information
- HealthCare Access Maryland Care Coordination Program
- Maryland Department of Health-Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs Care Coordination Services
- The Coordinating Center
Check your local health department’s website for information on local care coordination services that may be available.
Local Health Department Zika-Specific Websites
All local health departments’ websites contain county Zika specific information: your local health department links can be found at Maryland Local Health Departments
- Baltimore City Baltimore City Health Department-Zika Virus
- Montgomery County Montgomery County Government-Zika Virus
- Prince George’s County Prince George’s County-Zika Virus
Other State-Specific Zika Resources
Maryland State Department of Education Zika Resources
State Help Line Phone Numbers-Maryland Department of Health
- For General Public Information: 877-463-3464
- For Mother to Baby Information: 866-626-6847
- Special Needs Resource Locator: 1-800-638-8864
- Maryland Department of Health-Special Needs Resource Locator
Resources for Clinicians
Please see section under Information For Clinicians.