Below are publications and resources for healthcare professionals caring for patients with Zika.
- Clinical Care flowchart – a pediatric evaluation follow-up tool
For those who want to learn more about Zika, check out this list of resources.
- American Academy of Pediatrics Zika Virus
- American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists ACOG Zika virus resource summary for Ob-Gyns and health care providers
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Zika Virus For Healthcare Providers
- March of Dimes Congenital Zika syndrome
- Information for healthcare professionals about clinical management and follow-up care of babies Recommended evaluation and long-term follow up for infants with possible congenital Zika virus infection Initial evaluation and outpatient management during the first 12 months of life for infants with possible congenital Zika virus infection
CDC Zika Pregnancy Hotline
CDC’s Zika Pregnancy Hotline (770-488-7100) is available 24/7 to healthcare providers and health departments for consultation regarding management of pregnant women and infants with possible Zika virus. This hotline can also assist with questions regarding specimen submission. Healthcare providers and state and local health officials can call our CDC Watch desk at 770-488-7100 (ask for CDC Zika Pregnancy Hotline) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR) Zika Reports
- Emerging Infectious Diseases (EID) Zika Spotlight
- BMJ, Zika Virus
- Elsevier Zika Virus Resource Center
- Lancet Zika Virus Resource Center
- Oxford University Press (including Journal of Infectious Diseases, Clinical Infectious Diseases, and American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene), Special Collection of Aedes aegypti and Zika Virus Research
- PLOS Collections, Zika
- Update: Interim Guidance for Preconception Counseling and Prevention of Sexual Transmission of Zika Virus for Persons with Possible Zika Virus Exposure — United States, September 2016. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2016;65:1077-1081 https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/65/wr/mm6539e1.htm
- Update: Interim Guidance for the Diagnosis, Evaluation and Management of Infants with Possible Congenital Zika Virus Infection — United States, October 2017. https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/66/wr/mm6641a1.htm?s_cid=mm6641a1_w
- Update: Interim Guidance for Health Care Providers Caring for Pregnant Women with Possible Zika Virus Exposure — United States, July 2017 https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/66/wr/mm6629e1.htm?s_cid=mm6629e1_w
- Preventing Transmission of Zika Virus in Labor and Delivery Settings Through Implementation of Standard Precautions — United States, 2016. Weekly / March 25, 2016 / 65(11);290–292 https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/65/wr/mm6511e3.htm
- CDC Guidance for Travel and Testing of Pregnant Women and Women of Reproductive Age for Zika Virus Infection Related to the Investigation for Local Mosquito-borne Zika Virus Transmission in Brownsville, Cameron County, Texas https://emergency.cdc.gov/han/han00399.asp
- CDC Updates Guidance for Pregnant Women and Women and Men of Reproductive Age for Zika Virus Infection Related to the Ongoing Investigation of Local Mosquito-borne Zika Virus Transmission in Miami-Dade County, Florida. October 19, 2016. https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2016/p1019-zika-florida-update.html
- Health Alert Network (HAN)